Reporting to the Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Corporate Development is a member of the finance team.
The team focuses on analyzing and integrating complementary acquisition targets, and strategic partnership opportunities, as well as divesting of non-strategic assets if applicable and ensuring effective use of capital.
- Develop and execute the Company’s M&A strategy, including managing the acquisition pipeline, performing valuations, negotiating and closing transactions;
- Define and lead the integration strategy (and playbook) and coordinating with the different parties to ensure success;
- Lead multiple aspects of deal execution including valuation, negotiation, due diligence and integration;
- Lead due diligence processes partnering with cross-functional internal teams and executive leaders, as well as external advisors to ensure timelines are met and transactions are progressing both efficiently and effectively;
- Fostering collaborative and productive relationships, the Director of Corporate Development will be the point of contact with both cross-functional internal teams as well as external advisors, navigating each step of the transaction for the purpose of closing acquisitions, divestitures and building strategic alliances;
- Participate in the formulation of the Company’s strategic long-range planning process, develop clearly defined milestones, monitor progress, and provide data-driven, actionable recommendations to achieve objectives;
- Manage and coordinate market and feasibility studies, due diligence of potential new markets for organic expansion;
- Supervise and develop financial models and tools to evaluate the Company’s operational performance and organizational effectiveness in strategic areas;
- Prepare presentations for acquisition and divestiture opportunities to senior management and Board;
- Eventually build, manage, and develop a team of analysts which will be reporting to the director of Corporate Development;
- Maintain active list of potential acquisition targets and stay current on industry trends. The position holder will interact with the key stakeholders of the targeted companies and will be responsible to lead the due diligence process of all potential acquisition files.
Education, Experience, Competencies, and Behaviours
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting (or pertinent related fields); 8-10 years of experience in investment banking, private equity, corporate development and/or M&A advisory services;
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles;
- Construction and engineering industry knowledge is an asset;
- Track records of successful M&A transactions and subsequent integrations;
- Able to synthesize information and complex issues to make informed decisions;
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to conduct statistical analysis and financial modeling and business valuations (quantitative and qualitative analysis);
- Superior analytical and project management skills;
- Flexible and adaptable with a sense of urgency;
- Teamwork orientation and interpersonal skills to interact with people across all functions of the company and at all levels; also able to work independently;
- Highly organized and self-motivated;
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills;
- Ability to listen and evaluate many point of views (many perspectives), while still keeping the focus;
- Strive for accelerate success in a result driven, entrepreneurial organization.
- Build a solid team in order to successfully deliver on the organization’s ”deal flow” strategy.
- Implement the M&A strategy for the organization.
- Build the corporate development playbook.
Why join the company?
- Join at a time when the organization is in an ambitious transformation / growth mode mainly through acquisitions;
- Opportunity to have an impact on the strategy given the selected exposure to the CEO, CFO and other key executives;
- Mainly Canadian in scope and with sights on the US market, the organization is based in Montreal with the reputation of being one of Quebec’s industrial jewel.
Director, executive search and operations