As a senior member of the organization leadership team, the Vice President, Corporate Development will actively be involved in defining the company’s growth through acquisitions as well as support financial analysis as it relates to business intelligence, project investment or related activities.
The Vice President, Corporate Development will act and think as a leader and will align the corporate development department’s values while inspiring confidence and generating excitement, enthusiasm and commitment towards the growth mission of the company.
The Vice President, Corporate Development is accountable for:
- Executing company-wide M&A transactions in order to maintain and advance the Company’s competitive position and profitability. The Vice President, Corporate Development has specific accountability for the identification of potential acquisition targets across the business units, developing a relationship with targets, investigation, valuation analysis, diligence and transaction negotiations (the focus will be on the US expansion)
- Being constantly updated on the latest industry developments (technology, media, M&A, strategic alliances, etc.) through ongoing contacts with the company’s business units, internal technology and strategy groups, as well as external industry consultants, bankers, and through participation in relevant industry conferences;
- Performing benchmark analysis, comparing the company’s performance with those of industry peers;
- Assisting with developing company-wide metrics for compensation purposes;
- Making various presentations to the executive committee and to the board of directors;
- Reviewing and assisting business units with special projects and investments.
- Performing various ad hoc projects emanating from the CFO and CEO offices.
Key Shared Responsibilities:
From a shared responsibility standpoint, the Vice President will be accountable for:
- Maintain, through various initiatives, the solid credibility of the department;
- Rapidly develop the right reflexes and adopt the appropriate thought process in order to learn and understand the industry;
- Maintain the work environment where communication and transparency between the Corporate Team and the Business Units are flowing proactively.
Corporate Share with Business Units:
- Overall M&A plan of the company;
- Overall guidance on the M&A process;
- Target identification;
- Acquisition screening;
- Post-acquisition financial planning;
- Financial integration.
Business Units Share with Corporate:
- Allocation of resources and needed inputs for the overall M&A process and execution of transaction;
- Post-acquisition integration.
The successful candidate will most likely have over 15 years of pertinent M&A transactional experience. The incumbent will show concrete accomplishments in the field of Corporate Development.
A strong academic background with a pertinent University degree is required for this role. A CPA designation would be a strong asset.
Knowledge, Experience, Aptitude:
The ideal candidate will be humble will have a collaborative approach as well as demonstrate a wide range of experience, skills and capabilities to deliver corporate development direction and leadership.
As such the successful candidate will demonstrate the following leadership behaviours:
Transactional experience in M&A and financing either within a consulting firm (investment bank) or within a corporation;
Strong financial and analytics capabilities in order to provide guidance to the corporate development team and ensure high quality results;
Familiar with organizations where working across boundaries, developing strong organizational relationships, and leading through influence are key factors of success (collaborative mindset);
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including sharing ideas and information across diverse audiences and making high impact presentations in order to drive business decisions;
Able to navigate political arenas with ease, and effectively persuade and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders;
High level of energy and curiosity, flexible, committed to excellence, resourceful and resilient;
Ability to work effectively on the multiple projects, across virtual teams and with demanding deadlines;
Demonstrated ability to adapt;
A proven track record as a hands-on leader (ability to work a project from end-to-end);
Full professional proficiency in French and English is mandatory;
Some North America travel will be required;
Telecom industry knowledge would be an asset.
This position requires execution of Non-Disclosure and Non-Competition Agreements.
Why join the company?
The organization is an important player in the telecommunications market and offers all employees a stimulating, dynamic and diverse work environment based on respect and collaboration. We believe in continuing education and provide our employees with opportunities for professional development and internal growth.
Diversity is a key asset to our organizational performance. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all individuals, regardless of cultural and individual differences. We strive to build teams that reflect the diverse backgrounds and backgrounds of our clients because we strongly believe that this contributes to our signature of excellence.
Normand Lebeau, CPHR
President and Chief Guardian of the Mandrake Experience