Under the supervision of the Senior Vice President, Human Capital. The incumbent will be responsible for the design, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of the organization’s total compensation and benefits programs as well as overseeing and optimizing Human Capital systems and data analytics while managing with a shared services approach.
The Director Compensation and Benefits will partner with leadership to provide direction for and drive overall compensation and wellness strategy ensuring competitive, cost-effective plans that drive a wellness culture across all regions. He will provide support to local Human Capital leaders and will also lead and mentor a small team of compensation, benefits and systems analysts as well as the Canadian shared services team.
- Support the Senior Vice President building the credibility of the human resources function from the executive committee’s perspective as well as from the Board of director’s perspective.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage and constantly improve the development of the team.
- Improve on the perception of the human resources’ ability to proactively support the organization at all levels and through all operational and strategic endeavours.
- Maintain the high energy/high performance level as the organization’s corporate objective is one of ambitious growth through acquisitions.
- Develops and implements strategic goals for the department.
- Analyze and evaluate existing compensation and benefit plan provisions, track new developments and recommend program changes that are pertinent to the business strategy and organizational culture.
- Ensure that the relative value of plans delivered to employees is consistent across all countries.
- Designs and oversees all wellness guiding principles and policies with a centrally designed locally implemented mindset.
- Oversees and directs annual budgeting process.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with BU Human Resources Leaders, Human Resources Business Partners, Finance partners, and other internal teams who support global compensation and benefits throughout the company.
- Compensation and Benefits:
- Directs the employee communication strategy regarding compensation and benefit programs.
- Develop and lead global corporate wellness initiatives, with the aim of encouraging employees to lead a healthy lifestyle and in the long term contain increasing health care costs as well as keep employees engaged.
- Contracts with and actively manages compensation and benefit plans, vendors, auditors, and consultants for services, premiums, and plan administration.
- Manage broker relationships and partner with them to continually review plan design for effectiveness, compliance, and consistency with market trends.
- Drive premium renewal negotiations; work with the broker to interpret and analyze participation, utilization and claims information, incorporating findings into future benefits design and company financial planning process.
- Act as final escalation contact for escalated issues on compensation and benefits and with regards to interpretation of plan provisions and requirements and resolution of administration and policy issues and questions.
- Supports auditable and financially sound operation of qualified retirement (401K/Group RRSP) and savings; prepares and provides information as needed by the governance and compensation committee to fulfill fiduciary requirements.
- Monitors and manages work processes within the team.
- Manages interfaces and related audit controls within HRIS applications.
- Evaluates and analyzes the results of programs and services regularly and systemically; reports these and other metrics results to senior leaders regularly and on an ad hoc basis. Recommend actions and strategies as needed to support the company’s goals.
Manage a Canadian shared services group, support global shared services when pertinent
University degree, with a concentration in Human Resources Management or business-related area of study
(Master’s degree would be an advantage).
Knowledge, Experience, Aptitude:
- 10 – 15 years prior experience leading benefits and compensation design, budget and analytics and HRIS platform with North American experience;
- Experience integrating multiple entities preferred;
- Pertinent experience in the development and support of Compensation and Benefits programs for publicly traded companies. As well, and more specifically, the « Executive Compensation Program Development » should be part of the candidate’s experience;
- Experience in same industry or with relevant similarities would be a definite advantage;
- Demonstrated success leading, managing and building teams;
- Ability to coach, mentor, and provide direction to diverse staff;
- Ability to effectively plan, coordinate, and implement complex cross-functional projects with multiple competing priorities or perspectives;
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and management skills and high professional standards for customer service and work quality; ability to exercise judgment in building relationships across all organizational levels and functions;
- Work effectively in high-pressure situations that require sound decision-making and may involve confidential or sensitive matters;
- Keen problem-solving, critical thinking, deductive and inductive reasoning, and analytical skills to address both strategic programs and unique, complex situations;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; ability to confidently present to diverse audiences at all levels of the organization (French and English);
- Experience with relevant Human Resources’ systems, applications, and tools;
- Ability to interact tactfully and diplomatically and build collaborative, positive relationships across all levels of the organization;
- Strong planning, organization, delegation and decision-making abilities;
- Demonstrated understanding of best practices and innovative practices and trends in benefits design and administration with the ability and willingness to dive deep and roll up his/her sleeves when needed;
- Proven ability to achieve goals through influencing, partnering and developing productive relationships with senior leadership and line managers across the business;
- Solutions-oriented self-starter with a proactive and inquisitive nature who can anticipate and pre-empt problems.
Why join the company?
- Join one of the fastest-growing digital consultant firms in Canada.
- Join at a point where the potential footprint on the organization’s growth is quite impactful.
- Montreal-based organization with growth ambitions in the U.S. and Europe.
- The human resources department is considered very strategic within the organization.
Denise Brisebois, MBA
Vice-President & Practice Leader
*The masculine gender is used throughout this document solely to facilitate reading and has no discriminatory intent.