Directs and coordinates the internal structure of an organization based on company policies, goals, and objectives to ensure an efficient working environment and that deadlines are met consistently. The Operations Director will lead the plant in order to ensure a safe working environment, quality products, on-time delivery, and high productivity, in collaboration with the management team. Must live, support and uphold the values of the organization.
- General organization of the plant operation. More specifically, support the ERP and CNC projects, put in place measures that will significantly improve quality, on-time delivery, workflow processes, efficient and cost-effective operational structure.
- Strong emphasis on work quality, customer satisfaction, after-sales service.
- Cost-effectiveness. Manage the following elements:
- Budget setting and budget realization;
- Implement required KPIs to monitor scrap level, overtime, reworks, warranty costs.
Complete management of the St. Catharines operation results. More specifically, financial, safety, customer satisfaction, on-time deliveries, quality, and operational excellence results. The product sales are not under the responsibility of the incumbent.
- The director is responsible and accountable for:
- Customers well-served and delighted;
- Communication timely, proactive, informative and transparent;
- Deliver Quality products;
- Deliveries on time and complete;
- Short lead times.
- Employees proud and engaged
- Behaviours in line with the organization’s core values;
- Leadership style in line with the organization’s management philosophy;
- Safe work environment.
- St. Catharines Site being efficient and highly profitable
- CI and LEAN;
- Implementation in new ERP;
- Implementation of automation.
More specific responsibilities:
- Promotes and enforces safety in the workplace;
- Strategic plan deployment with the team;
- Assists the executive team in setting goals that promote company growth;
- Oversees the daily activity of the management team providing advice and guidance as required;
- Prepares budgets, KPI’s, and other organizational reports as required;
- Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks;
- Devise strategies to ensure the growth of programs company-wide, identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize output and minimize costs;
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives;
- Ensures customer requirements are met in a timely manner; complete, compliant and on time;
- Build and maintain relationships with all department heads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals;
- Identifies improvement areas and plans and implements systems to boost company effectiveness;
- Uphold organization policies and standards, ensuring legislative regulations are followed;
- Work closely with human resources to lead a team with integrity and establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment.
Knowledge, Experience, Aptitude:
- University degree in Engineering, or equivalent;
- 10+ years of experience in production management;
- At least 5 years of experience in plant management;
- Experience in a labor-intensive environment;
- At least one successful business operational recovery experience;
- Experience in successful operational excellence transformation;
- Successful experience in a transition of traditional to lean manufacturing implementation environment;
- Successful transition from Labour-intensive production to automation implementation.
- Financial responsibility for the P&L;
- Commercial awareness with an eye for seeing business improvement opportunities;
- Highly motivated with a passion for driving operational business change;
- Ability to address problems and opportunities for the company;
- Effective decision-making skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to multitask in an ever-changing environment;
- Leadership skills; must be able to motivate employees to keep operations running smoothly;
- Interpersonal skills; must be able to speak with employees, management and executive team.
Why join the company?
- Management of a full P&L;
- A real opportunity to manage every aspect of the business, to operate a successful business transformation and to have a significant and direct contribution to the Ste-Catharine facility and to the organization results and successes;
- Be part of a strong, well-established, financially successful company, launched on a strong growth
Danny Savard, P. Eng.
Vice President and Practice Leader
The masculine gender is used throughout this document solely to facilitate reading and has no discriminatory intent.