The General Manager is responsible for the overall operations of the facility, from operations planning to finish products delivery. The incumbent will assure a leadership position while instilling and respecting the company values of high quality and production standards, organized and durable changes, quality insurance, continuous improvement, optimization, cost reduction and, most importantly, health and safety of the workforce.
- Continuing the integration of the organization to the Company’s family. Implement its culture and values of customer service, on-time quality deliveries and people development;
- As the first incumbent of this new role, create a quick and positive impact on the business as well as on the employees;
- Structure, organize and optimize the plant’s assets, processes and work flow;
- Operate in moving organizations;
- Optimize the utilization of the production tools;
- Interact with the sales portion of the organization.
- Develop, implement and maintain work processes that will improve and structure:
– Production planning
– Choice of proper production equipment and material
– Work in progress (WIP)
– On-time delivery
– Work and production schedules
– Optimal plant layout, maximizing work flow
– Waste reduction
– Cost structure optimization
– 5S cleanliness program
– Health and safety
- Produce business plan and budget for 2019-2020;
- Implement DMS;
- Gear up the organization to ensure preparation for increased production volume;
- Manage and engage 120 people through 5 direct reports
– Manufacturing manager
– Supply chain manager
– Maintenance manager
– Quality coordinator
– Lean Coordinator
- Maintain operations, assets, equipment;
- Ensure proper training of the workforce;
- Communicate and instil Marquis values and vision through the organization;
- Deliver strong financial results;
- Periodically report results to the executive team.
University diploma in a pertinent field of study is a plus.
Knowledge, Experience, Aptitude:
- Ten years of experience in a high technology, high volume printing organization and 5 years in a management position;
- Experience and recognized achievement in relation with best practices and efficient process implementation in an industrial environment, health and safety, quality, lean manufacturing, change management;
- Strong communicator, team leader oriented towards people development, operations organization and driven by financial results;
- Team player that will easily collaborate with other members of the executive committee;
- Strong adaptation capabilities, at ease in an evolving organization;
- Lean management certification (6Sigma, Kaisen and others);
- Capacity to analyze and interpret financial results;
- Growth and results driven.
Why join the company?
- Strong, well-established, well-structured, well-financed organization driven by acquisitions, growth and excellent results achievement;
- Strong board of directors. Strong corporate governance;
- High improvement potential in the daily operations, fostering employee engagement;
- Deep knowledge of the book printing and manufacturing business;
- CEO originating from the book-printing business, full understanding of the challenges.
Danny Savard, P.Eng.
Vice-President & Practice Leader