Reporting to the President of the organization, the Vice-President, People and Culture will be responsible for serving as a strategic partner and internal consultant to executive committee members as well as the People and Culture team.
Responsible for the long-term vision, planning, development and implementation of all Human Resources & Communications strategies. Implements the service offering, determines resources needed and sets challenging objectives, in line with local and global corporate expectations. Acts and thinks as a leader, will set the mission and values of the company while inspiring confidence and generating excitement, enthusiasm and commitment towards the mission. Finally, the Vice-President, People and Culture will set a good example by personally modeling the desired behaviour and will genuinely demonstrate care about the Company’s employees.
Main challenges in relation to the opportunity:
- Key stakeholder in how to help lead the organization through its current transformation model (Shift from Locally lead/Globally supported to Locally lead/Globally driven)
- Key contributor in how to bring the organization to the next level in terms of innovation and in terms of engagement.
- Maintain the level of Strategic involvement when the operations are constantly “dragging” the focus closer to the retail level.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of comprehensive vision and strategies in terms of Organizational development, Competencies development, Talent management, Training, Total Compensation & Benefits, Employee’s relation, Health & Safety, and environment that will enhance the company’s portfolio image and position within the marketplace and facilitate internal and communications. Promotes teamwork and collaboration within his/her department as well as within the leadership team.
Planning and budgeting
Responsible for the implementation and achievement of his/her Business Area’s mission, goals and financial objectives. Develops long-term plans and budgets for the department and its activities, monitors progress, assures adherence and evaluates performance. Ensures systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the department. Makes sure that functions are developed, implemented and continuously improved in conjunctions with the different core service functions. Stays informed of global corporate and external developments in the different fields of his/her business areas and use this information to help the Organization operate with initiative and innovation.
Helps formulate and administer policies to ensure the integrity of the Organization. Acts as an internal consultant to bring attention and solutions to all the Company’s priorities. Keeps a strong focus on vision, mission, competencies, succession planning, etc.
Maintains a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel. Recruits, trains, appraise, supervise, supports, develops, promotes and guides qualified personnel.
Key Attributes: Education, Experience, Competencies and Behaviours
- Demonstrates a vision of the human resources function as well as the ability to clearly articulate it;
- Ability to think strategically as well as being able to be a “hands-on” leader;
- Executive profile and scope to actively contribute to the leadership committee of the organization;
- Ability and willingness to coach and support the members of the leadership committee;
- Proactive styles of leadership which will help foresee the possible roadblocks ahead of a fast growing organization;
- Experience in managing a team of human resources professionals;
- As the CEO’s leadership style is very much based on team work, the successful candidate will be an effective communicator as well as a team player;
- An exposure to a unionized environment would be an asset;
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of business plans and strategies;
- Experience in dealing with issues on a national basis: understanding of the Canadian landscape;
- Ability to be a Business partner to the President as well as be able to get the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) to efficiently operate as the management body of the organization;
- Has a feel for global (international) HR & Communications issues;
- Demonstrated skills in both written and oral presentations;
- Experienced in developing, planning and managing budgets. Will also be experienced in hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising talent;
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams;
- Ability to supervise and manage multiple projects at a time;
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal negotiation skills;
- Knowledge of retail and distribution is an asset;
- Fully bilingual
Education and experience:
- Minimum of a pertinent Undergraduate University Degree.
- At least 20 years of experience in HR having held executive roles in recognized innovative organizations.
Why join the Company
- Join a winning team of highly qualified individuals who are working within an outstanding culture and work environment: structured and respectful
- World class organization in growth mode with Canadian head office in Montreal
- Excellent career opportunity on an international perspective (Company operating over 30 countries)
- Ability to make a difference and contribute to the success of the organization on both a tactical and strategic level. ( member of the executive committee)