Reporting to the Senior Vice President Human Resources for Canada, Corporate functions and Infrastructure, and a member of the Executive Vice President Human Resources’ global Human Resources Leadership Team (HRLT), this is a key strategic and operational delivery leadership role. The position manages all human resources, labour relations and payroll services offered to all Sectors and Business Units in Canada.
A member of the Global Human Relations Leadership Team, the Vice President, Human Resources and Centre of Excellence Leader (Labour Relations) plays a key role in supporting strategic business goals and actively participates in the strategic and operational planning to ensure company objectives pertaining to quality, productivity, required service levels and customer service expectations are met or exceeded.
In conjunction with the Senior Vice President, Human Resources, the position will define and deliver a people strategy for Canada in line with the global people strategy.
As such, he will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the Canadian Human Resources team in providing business partnering support advice and services to all businesses based in the region.
- Oversee payroll activities and ensure the delivery of high-quality service in a timely manner. As well, the payroll integration initiative across Canada will also be amongst those responsibilities.
- Collaborate with the sector Human Resources business partners and Centres of Expertise leaders to define annual priorities for the Human Resources group in Canada.
- Work with the Human Resources/Labour relations business units Leadership Team in order to understand and address issues that will drive operational effectiveness and service improvement.
- Define as well as drive quality and cost metrics in order to demonstrate continuous improvement.
- Orchestrate a review process in order to standardize and maximize the service delivery across Canada. As well, ensure consistency and compliance in the human resources/labour relations service delivery.
- Plan and deliver the Human Resources/Labour Relations services and projects across the Business units in Canada.
- Oversee the design of specific Human Resources local programs required by Business Units in Canada (e.g., flexibility, recognition, and well-being.)
- Coach and provide growth opportunity for top talent as well as develop a strong succession pipeline.
- Ensure client service delivery satisfaction through well-established relationships with key stakeholders in the Business Units.
- In collaboration with the other centres of expertise, import best practices in order to develop, plan and deploy the policies and initiatives required in Canada.
Attributes: Education, Experience, Competencies and Behaviors
The organization is seeking an outstanding candidate with demonstrated leadership experience, high energy, and drive, as well as a successful track record as a human resources executive.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Human Resources or related field; Master’s degree would be preferred.
Experience, competencies and behaviours:
- Minimum of 15 years in Human Resources leadership roles, providing functional leadership at the senior level.
- Experience in developing and implementing Human Resources shared services and/or centres of excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate successfully in a fast-paced, multitasking and dynamic organization.
- Solid Leadership skills and ability to develop strong talents.
- Ability to develop privileged relationships with several stakeholders and partners.
- Significant influence/negotiation/coaching skills with senior-level executives.
- Vast experience in a generalist role with a major in Labour Relations (same of the areas covered by the generalist portion of the role are leadership development, performance management, culture development, Human Resources systems, etc.)
- Experience in successfully launching and implementing multiple Human Resources programs and processes.
- A proven track record in delivering results.
- High Level of personal integrity and ethics.
- Strong sense of service and passion for business transformation, the successful candidate will thrive on fast-paced change, action, and accountability.
- Ability to travel within and outside Canada as necessary.
Main challenges in relation to the opportunity:
- Build on the current level of communication and cooperation between the several business units in Canada.
- Maintain and grow the human resources ability to proactively support the Business Units across Canada.
- Maintain the high energy/high-performance level of the current team as the organization’s corporate objectives are quite ambitious.
Why join the Company?
- Have an impact on the national level but also, through the involvement of the global Human Resources Leadership Team, be involved in the international human resources aspects of the organization.
- Participate in the continuity of the human resources strategic footprint implementation process.
- Join one of the largest and few remaining global headquarters based in Montreal.
Normand Lebeau, CHRP
President and Chief Guardian of the Mandrake Experience
-The masculine gender is used throughout this document solely to facilitate reading and has no discriminatory intent-