The next incumbent will need to quickly familiarize himself with the business model of the company as well as with the labor relations history of the plant. The Manager, Labor Relations will represent the subject matter expert for the senior management team as well as for his Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) colleagues. The selected candidate will lead the preparation as well as the future collective agreement negotiation.
- The next incumbent will need to quickly establish his credibility amongst the management team and the union;
- Professionalizing the labor relation function by providing guidance and coaching to management team and HRBP colleagues on labor relations matters;
- Setting up and cultivating a healthy environment with the union for the future collective agreement.
- Provide strategic labor relations advises aligned with the values of the company;
- Maintain close and efficient communication channels with different stakeholders across the company as well as with the union;
- Establish modern labor relations practices;
- Define, alongside with the management of the plant, the best suited labor relation strategy;
- Play a key role in the coaching of the management on labor relations matters;
- Help the plant delivering their corporate objectives by establishing healthy relations with the union;
- Manage the relationship and act as the point of contact with lawyers and other external professionals related to labor relations;
- Participate in labor relations committee (international).
Knowledge, Experience, Aptitude:
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in a labor relations role;
- Hybrid profile: ability to draft strategic labor relations action plans as well as performing tasks that will require hands-on capacities;
- Strong interpersonal skills; Being able to tie some close relations with various stakeholders;
- Strong communication skills; Being able to adapt your message to various stakeholders.
- Previous exposure to manufacturing base companies is an asset;
- Passionate about labor relations;
- Previous exposure to major change management impacting the work distribution is an asset;
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Relations, Law or other relevant education.
Why join the company?
- This role provides a strategic impact on one of the most performant plant in the entire organization.
- Through labor relations, having the opportunity to play a key role in the workforce reorganization due to recent major technology investment
- The next incumbent will take the leadership of one of the largest private collective agreement negotiations in the province of Quebec.
Consultant, Talent Search and Acquisition Strategy